If you’re looking for Italian food, first off give this delicious
thin crusted personal pizza from Naples, Italy.
- YIELD: SERVES 4 – 6
- PREP TIME: 30 MINS
- COOK TIME: 10 MINS
- 4 Individual Pizza Dough Balls – At Room Temperature
- 1 Large Can Plum Tomatoes (I Prefer Pomi Brand Crushed Tomatoes)
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Basil
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Dash Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Cups Diced Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 Large Fresh Basil Leaves
- To prepare the sauce, heat half the oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic until sizzling.
- Add the tomatoes, and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add the chopped basil and mix well.
- Cook on low to medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, than set aside to cool.
- Heat the oven to it’s highest setting (Usually 500 degrees F.)
- To prepare the dough, press each dough ball into a flat disk on a lightly floured counter or bread board.
- Using your fingers and knuckles carefully, press the dough out into a 12 inch circle.
- Place the dough onto a baking peel lightly coated with cornmeal.
- Place a large scoop of sauce onto each pizza and spread evenly across the pizza leaving a 1 inch edge.
- Do not use too much sauce as you should be able to see the dough through the sauce.
- Place some mozzarella cheese on each pizza and place one basil leaf in the center.
- Bake each pizza for about 10 minutes or until the pizza is brown and bubbly turning the pizza halfway if needed for it to bake evenly.